Use labels to add details to each of your menu items, such as the type of food item or special dietary needs the item meets. When you label your menu items, it makes it easier for customers with special dietary needs to find your restaurant.
There are several labels you can apply to your menu items, which can be categorized as follows:
- Food type: Alcohol, Dessert, Drink, Specialty
- Special dietary needs: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Low Fat, Nut Free, Raw Food Warning, Sodium Warning, Spicy, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Other: Advanced Ordering Notice, Not for Biker, Tax Exempt
You can also include additional details to menu items:
- Advance Notice: how much time you need to prepare an item, especially if it’s a catering or pizza item
- Serving Size: how many people this item will serve
- Order Minimum: if the menu item is for catering, you can specify a minimum number of orders of an item
Adding or Deleting Labels to a Menu Item
- Log in at restaurant.grubhub.com
- Select Menu from the left sidebar, or the icon on mobile.
- Find and select the menu item you want to edit by using the Search field or by selecting the Section it is located in.
- Select the Availability & labels tab.
- Click the + Add Label button and select the labels that apply to this menu item. You can select as many labels as are applicable to the item. Select Done when you are finished.
- To remove a label, select the X on an item’s label.
- When you’re done adding or updating a menu item’s labels, select Save & done.
How Customers View Labels
When customers search for restaurants, they have the option to search for specific labels similar to the image below.
When a customer selects a restaurant, they have the option to view menu items specific to their dietary needs by selecting the Dietary drop-down. Only menu items that match the dietary needs they select will appear.
If a customer clicks on a specific menu item, they will also see the label directly below the menu item description.