If you want your order receipts to print automatically, without having to confirm the settings in a separate screen each time, this feature can help.
When you get an order, your Internet browser will automatically confirm printing* and send your receipts directly to your own network printer. That’s all there is to it.
*The screen might pop up for a second, but there’s no need to do anything.
Here’s how to set this up based on your browser:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the top-right corner, select the options icon (shaped like a small white gear).
- From the dropdown list that opens, select “Internet Options.”
- Select “Security” from the tab that opens at the top of the window.
- Select “Trusted Sites” near the top of the page (it will have a large green check mark above it).
- Click the “Sites” button in the middle right of the page.
- In the text entry field, labeled “Add this website to the zone,” type the address https://restaurant.grubhub.com and click the “Add” button.
- Click the close button.
- Select the button labeled “Custom Level.”
- Scroll down to the section labeled “ActiveX controls and plug-ins.”
- Under the option labeled “Download unsigned ActiveX controls,” select “Enable.”
- Under the option for “Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting,” select “Enable.”
- Click the “OK” button.
- Success! Automatic receipt printing is now enabled.