Review the steps below to properly set up Group Order for your restaurant!
- Contact [email protected] or work with your Account Advisor to ensure your restaurant is ready and available for Group Orders—they will ensure your account is set up
- You will see “Group” listed on your Profile page, when you are set up for Group Orders
- When you receive a Group Order, you’ll see a ‘group’ tag on the order on the order management page
- You can set hours specifically for your Group Orders in the Grubhub platform. To access and adjust Group Order hours, tap on the Hours tab in the Grubhub platform. Here, you can adjust your Group Order hours on a Weekly, Daily, and Custom hours level.
- You can set specific hours and delivery boundaries for Group Orders. Your menu will stay the same for standard and group orders.
- Your menu and delivery boundaries will stay the same for standard and group orders
- Your delivery and prep time is set to 90 minutes for Group Orders
- Delivery minimums, pre order confirmation windows, and large order thresholds used in the past don’t apply to Group Orders
Similar to Catering, Group Orders can now have their own set of delivery zones and boundaries.
- Zones can be non-nested.
- Zones can have free delivery or up to $100 per zone.
- Multiple zones can exist within a boundary.
- You can have multiple delivery boundaries (alternate delivery boundaries).
When a Group Order is placed, the company location must be within one of the zones within the live Group Order boundary.
You can manage your restaurant’s order capacity by selecting a minimum of 10 and maximum of 40 participants in a single group order.