Curbside Pickup Setup and Best Practices
With curbside pickup, your restaurant can allow customers and delivery drivers to have their orders brought out to them so they’re not entering your restaurant.
How to add curbside pickup
- Select Profile. If you’re on a computer, you’ll find it in the left sidebar. If you’re on a phone or tablet, you’ll find it on the icon
- From Profile, select next to Delivery and Pickup settings to edit.
- Click the checkbox “Yes, I want to enable curbside pickup”.
- Enter the phone number you would like customers to call when they arrive at your restaurant.
- Place specific instructions on where customers and drivers should wait to receive their order.
How will I know if a customer has requested curbside pickup?
Orders will include a message in Pickup Instructions saying that curbside pickup has been requested. That way you’ll know which orders will need to be brought out.
Curbside pickup best practices
- Provide clear pickup location details in the pickup instructions (ex. Meet at the side door on Park Street)
- Create signage indicating where the pickup area is at your restaurant (ex. Add signs that say “Curbside Pick up here”)
- If you have a designated curbside pickup zone, please add details.
- Add an on-site phone number. Be sure to have the phone available at all times as customers and drivers will call that phone number upon arrival.
- Ensure employees are wearing personal protective gear to keep themselves and the food safe. Gloves are recommended when handling bags and follow proper hand washing procedures.
- When receiving a call, make sure employees ask for clear instructions (i.e. type of car, color of car, etc.) to ensure the correct match customers and driver with the correct order.
To get started with Grubhub for Restaurants, click the button below to sign up!